Saturday 9: Jamming (1977)
... Because Eloquent Obi suggested Bob Marley. Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) In Jamaica, "jamming" means to celebrate. What's going on in your life today that's worth celebrating?
2) The group that became famous as "The Wailers" originally called themselves "The Teenagers." What was trendy when you were a teenager (clothes, music, etc.)?
3) Bunny Wailer and Bob Marley were very close. In addition to being bandmates, they were friends in elementary school and later became family (Bunny's dad and Bob's mom had a daughter together). Who has known you the longest?
4) Does the person you named in #3, the one who's known you longest, know you best?
5) Bandmate Peter Tosh became an avid unicycle rider. What's your favorite form of exercise?
6) Bob Marley was known for his signature dreadlocks. When were you last in a stylist’s chair?
7) Marley's charisma is credited for popularizing reggae music the world over. Are you a fan?
8) Mr. Marley is one of the highest-earning dead celebrities, and manufacturers pay his estate to use his likeness to sell their merchandise. What dead celebrity have you seen recently on a t-shirt, mug, poster, etc.?
9) Random question: Have you ever had your palm read?
Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!
CLICK ON MISTER LINKY TO ADD YOUR LINK AND SEE EVERYONE ELSE'S.