Saturday 9: No Myth (1989)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) The girl in this song is "just looking for someone to dance with." Who was your most recent dance partner?
2) Michael Penn wonders if he'd do better with the ladies if he was Romeo or Heathcliff. What fictional character represents your romantic ideal?
3) The lyrics refer to "knots I have yet to untie." Do the shoes you're wearing have laces?
4) Name a character from mythology.
5) Michael Penn is the brother of Oscar winner Sean Penn. Give us the title of a Sean Penn movie.
6) Their father, Leo Penn, was a busy TV director from the 1960s through the 1990s. He specialized in detective shows (Magnum PI and Cannon) and medical shows (Trapper John and Marcus Welby, MD). Are you more likely to watch a program with lots of car chases, or one that's set in a hospital?
7) 1989, the year "No Myth" was popular, is the year of the first HDTV broadcast. Do you watch many shows in "high def?"
8) 1989 was also the year The Simpsons premiered. Who is your all-time favorite animated character?
9) Random fill-in the blank: If I never had to ______________ again, it would be too soon.
Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!