Saturday 9: You're No Good (1974)
... because Harriet suggested Linda Ronstadt
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) This week's featured artist, Linda Ronstadt, turns 69 next month. Will you be celebrating any family/friend birthdays this summer?
2) Linda sings that she's learned her lesson and it's left a scar. Tell us how you got one of your scars.
3) This song is about a lover who is, obviously, no good. Let's be more positive. Who is the nicest person you know?
4) Linda says that she grew up on Mexican music, which was sung by her entire family. Do you speak any Spanish?
5) She toured often throughout her career and is quoted as saying, "they haven't invented a word for that loneliness that everybody goes through on the road." Are you missing someone right now?
6) Ms. Ronstadt was once involved with George Lucas of Star Wars fame. Who is your favorite Star Wars character?
7) In 1974, when this song was a hit, The Magic 8 Ball was still a top-seller at toy stores. It retailed for just $1.99, and promised that all you had to do was gaze at it, concentrate, and wait to learn your fate ... "if you dare!" If you could get an answer to one question about the future, what would you ask?
8)1974 is the year when Mikhail Baryshnikov defected to the United States. Have you ever been to the ballet?
9) Random question: What's your shoe size?
Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!