Saturday 9: Hello (2015)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) This video begins with Adele and her flip phone. Is your cell phone a simple or a smart phone?
2) As soon as her cell is fully charged, Sam disconnects the adapter from the outlet to save electricity. Are you careful about conserving energy?
3) Adele sings that she must have a called a thousand times but her former lover never picked up. Think about the last call you made. Did you get through? Did you leave a voice mail? Or did you just hang up?
4) Adele brews a cup of tea in the video. How often do you drink tea? Year round? Only in winter? Never?
5) Adele told Glamour magazine she like two sugars in her tea. Do you watch your sugar intake?
6) This song is about reaching out to someone and extending an apology. When is the last time you said, "I'm sorry?"
7) Adele was a heavy smoker who enjoyed the habit and didn't quit until 2015, after doctors convinced her it contributed to her chronic throat problems. What's something you know you should do for your health?
8) Even though she is one of the world's highest-earning entertainers, she recently had her credit card rejected while shopping at H&M. She admits she was "mortified." Have you ever experienced that moment at the counter when your card was rejected?
9) Random question: When you were a kid, did you keep a neat or messy bedroom?
Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!
To play along, and to see who else has played, click below.