Saturday 9: You're Beautiful (2005)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) The first line is of this song is, "My life is brilliant." Using one word, describe your life.
2) This is about a chance encounter between strangers in a crowd, specifically the subway. What "crowded place" were you most recently in?
3) Near the very end of this song, James Blunt sings, "It's time to face the truth." Do you believe you face things head on? Or do you tend to deny or put off the unpleasant?
4) James Blunt went to an all-boys school. Some educators recommend single-sex classrooms because they maintain girls just naturally approach subjects like math and science differently than boys do. Do you agree?
5) Blunt put his father in charge of his finances. Income taxes are top of mind for many of us this time of year. Do you do your own taxes? Or do you go to an accountant or tax preparation service?
6) In 2005, the year this song was a hit, the sitcom How I Met Your Mother was also popular. Do you know how your parents met?
7) 2005 is also the year Tom Cruise famously jumped on a sofa. Do you remember where he did this?
8) 2005 was also the year YouTube really took off. What's the last video you watched?
9) Random question ... Which of these high profile jobs would you enjoy more: head of General Motors, CEO of Apple or president of the New York Yankees?
Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!