The Addams Family (1964)
Unfamiliar with this week's song. Hear it here.
1) One of TV's spookiest families was inspired by a series of New Yorker cartoons. What's the last magazine you flipped through?
2) The Addams' butler, Lurch, was originally conceived as a mute. But then actor Ted Cassidy ad libbed the line, "You rang?" and Lurch had a voice, and a catchphrase. Can you think of another catchphrase connected to a TV character?
3) Now here's the most important question of the week: Do you prefer The Addams Family or The Munsters?
4) What's the scariest movie you've ever seen?
5) Thursday was Halloween. What goodies did you give the trick or treaters?
6) Are you attending/have you attended any Halloween parties this year?
7) Did you carve a jack o'lantern this year?
8) Do you eat candy corn all year around ... only at Halloween ... or never?
9) In 1964, when The Addams Family premiered, one of the most popular store-bought Halloween costumes was Bambi. It came with a plastic mask held on by a thin elastic band. Tell us about a memorable Halloween costume from your childhood.
Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!