Welcome to Saturday 9.
What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions
every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times
the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random
questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants
posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your
choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme.
LOVE STORY (2008)
Unfamiliar with this
week's tune? Hear it here.
1) The lyrics tell us about a romantic summer night on a balcony. Does your home have a balcony?
2) Taylor Swift sings that her father warns her boyfriend to stay away, but she sees him anyway. Tell us about a time you defied your parents.
3) The castle in this video looks European, but it's in Arrington, TN. Castle Gwynn is the site of the annual Tennessee Renaissance Fair. This May the festival will be back, and among the items food vendors are offering are Scotch eggs. When did you most recently eat eggs, and how were they prepared?
4) Love Story is also the story of Jenny and Oliver in a book by Erich Segal and a movie starring Ali MacGraw and Ryan O'Neal. Are you familiar with either the book or the movie?
5) Taylor was born in Reading, PA. which is home to the Reading Railroad, one of the four railroads featured in Monopoly. Without looking it up, can you name the two most expensive Monopoly properties?
6) When she's not performing on stage, Taylor likes to keep it casual and prefers to wear cowboy boots. Tell us about your favorite footwear.
7) Taylor's brother, Austin Swift, is an actor and producer who studied photography at college. Think about the last picture you took. Did you use your phone, tablet or camera? (Feel free to share it, if you'd like.)
8) In 2008, the year this song was popular, the Emmy Award winning show Breaking Bad premiered. Were you a fan?
Random question: You and your best friend sit down to write the story of how/when you met. Do you think the stories would be almost the same or quite different? (In other words, will you two remember the event the same way?)
so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to
come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact
sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses,
you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We
haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of
Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!