Saturday 9: Workin' for a Livin' (1982)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) Huey begins the song by telling us some workdays feel like they will never end. How was last week for you? Did it drag or did it fly by?
2) He sings that his car payment is due. Think about your personal finances. Do you pay most of your bills manually or do you more often take advantage of automated bill pay?
3) Huey Lewis achieved a perfect score on the math portion of the SAT. Did you take SATs and/or ACTs? Were your results anything to brag about? (If they were, go ahead and let us know!)
4) In his role as District Attorney for Essex County, MA, Huey's grandfather Hugh Cregg prosecuted high-profile murder cases. Do you enjoy watching or reading courtroom dramas?
5) Huey no longer performs because he has an inner-ear disorder that prevents him from holding a vocal pitch. Of your five senses -- hearing, sight, smell, touch and taste -- which is the strongest?
6) He is a fan of fly fishing. Did you do any fishing this summer?
Since this Monday is Labor Day, the holiday established to celebrate the American worker …
7) Approx. 10% of Americans are self employed. Have you ever been your own boss?
8) According to Monster.com, 50% of workers have left a job to get away from a boss. Are you one of the 50%?
9) Farmers feel the impact of extreme weather events. Have you ever had a job that required you to be outdoors most of the time?