Saturday 9: Vision of Love (1990)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) The lyrics refer to "sweet destiny." Do you believe in destiny?
2) This week's artist, Mariah Carey, has something to fall back on. She studied cosmetology and worked as a hair sweeper in a salon. When you get your hair cut, do you socialize with the stylist?
3) She isn't likely to turn to cosmetology any time soon. Mariah is currently on the best seller list with her autobiography, The Meaning of Mariah Carey. Was the last book you finished fiction or non-fiction?
4) So far, more than 800 people have reviewed Mariah's book on Amazon. Do you review products/services online?
5) When she was a high school student, she was nicknamed "Mirage" because she skipped class so often. Did you ever play hooky?
6) Mariah doesn't apologize for spoiling her dogs, who have been known to travel by limo. Do you know anyone who treats their pets like people?
7) In 1990, the year this song was popular, Martina Navratilova won the Wimbledon Women's Singles Tournament. How's your tennis game?
8) Also in 1990, Pope John Paul II toured Mexico. Have you ever visited our neighbor south of the border?
9) Random question(s): There are Gofundme campaigns for many purposes. Have you ever solicited funds online? Would you?
Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!