Saturday 9: The Last Song (1972)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
This is the last Saturday 9 song of 2022.
Thanks for another great year.
1) In this song, the lead singer admits he leaves the light on when he goes to sleep. Do you leave any lights on in your bedroom? Or do you prefer it completely dark?
2) He sings that he can't stop wondering where his old girlfriend is. Do you know whatever happened to any of your exes?
3) He says this is the last song he'll ever sing to his girl. What's the last song you sang? Where were you when you sang it?
4) Edward Bear was a Canadian group who took their name from Winnie the Pooh. As written by A. A. Milne, Edward Bear was Pooh's "proper" name. Pooh's favorite food was honey. Is there a food you can't get enough of?
5) In 1972, when this song was popular, Disney's Winnie the Pooh was quite a celebrity in his own right, appearing on the cover the 1972 Sears Christmas Wish Book. That year, kids asked Santa for plush Pooh, Tigger and Eeyore. Did you have many plush toys as a child? If yes, do you still have any of them?
6) Enough about 1972! Let's look back on 2022. What's something you learned or rediscovered in 2022?
7) Can you think of a moment in 2022 you'd like to do over?
8) What are you looking forward to most in 2023?
9) Random question: Who received the last email you sent?
Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!