Saturday 9: Love Sneakin' Up on You (1994)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) The song begins with Bonnie Raitt waiting anxiously for a call. If your phone were to ring right now, who would you expect to be on the other end?
2) She likens trying to avoid love to trying to stop the rain. Is rain expected where you are this weekend?
3) Bonnie was accepted by Radcliffe College but once she got there, she decided higher education wasn't for her and she dropped out to become a performer. Tell us about something you're not sorry you walked away from.
4) Bonnie's father was Broadway star John Raitt. Because of his career, the family was based on the East Coast. Once Bonnie got out to the West Coast, she realized she felt more at home and settled in the San Francisco area. Today, do you live far from where you grew up?
5) Prince invited Bonnie to his home, Paisley Park, to discuss working together. The project never happened, but she treasures the memory of her time with a musician she greatly admired. What's your favorite Prince song?
6) When she's on the road, Bonnie likes to order Thai food. What's for dinner tonight at your house?
7) In 1994, when this song was popular, ER debuted and became a big hit for NBC. Do you enjoy doctor shows?
8) Also in 1994, Olympic figure skating hopeful Nancy Kerrigan was the victim of an attack. Her rival was rumored to be involved. Without looking it up, do you remember the name of that rival?
9) Random question -- Which famous Tom would you rather be seated beside at dinner: Tom Cruise, Tom Jones, or Tom Brady?
Thanks!! See you tomorrow!
Post a Comment